From The Heart: Millikin University Chamber Choir
The choir is an auditioned mixed ensemble of 36-42 voices. The choir was created in 2000 for the study, performance, and recording of “gems” from the standard choral repertoire. This CD is a sampling of the repertoire the choir has performed over the last five years.
Chamber Chorale is one of two touring choirs at Millikin. The group conducts an annual tour of the Midwest in January with occasional travel to other parts of the country. The Chorale, together with five other traditional choirs forms the core of the Millikin choral program – a program with over 300 singers, 3 vocal jazz groups, two early music consorts, and a plethora of student-created ensembles. Highlights of the concert season include the annual “Christmas Vespers” (which attracts over 6000 people), and, in the spring, a performance each year of major choral orchestral compositions with the Millikin/Decatur Symphony Orchestra.
- Alleluia (Sven Lekberg)
- Silent Devotion and Response (Ernest Bloch)
- Magnificat (Herbert Howells)
- Ave Maria (Jessica Franchi)
- Pilgrims Hymn (Stephen Paulus)
- Caritas (Randall Stroppe)
- There is no Rose (Stephen Caracciolo)
- Witness (arr. Jack Halloran)
- Set Me as a Seal (Rene Clausen)
- Six Dickinson Miniatures (Ramond Schroyens)
- Heart, we will forget him!
- I took my power in my hand
- I died for beauty
- Come to Me, My Love (Norman Dello Joio)
- O Shenandoah (arr. James Erb)
- Light Hearted Lovers (Kirke Mechem)
- Wade in the Water (arr. Allen Koepke)
- If Music be the Food of Love (Jean Belmont)
- Peace I Leave with You (Rene Clausen)